As the Coronavirus continues to impact our lives and to protect the health and well-being of our clients, employees and community; we have closed our physical office and are working from our homes. There will be no interruption in any of our services. We have implemented the following procedures during this time:
1. Providing a File Box to dropoff/pickup documents. Ethel will be at the office from 8am to 4pm to monitor the File Box. Please contact our office when dropping off documents. We will contact you when documents are available to pickup.
2. If you have an appointment already scheduled, you will be contacted to have the appointment completed by telephone, or if you prefer, by Zoom. If you would like to meet in person, we will be happy to meet with you after the pandemic is over and it is deemed safe to do so.
3. If you have not set up an appointment, please contact our office to set one up to be done by telephone or Zoom.
4. Please drop off your tax documents before your appointment to the File Box. The preferred method will be to send the documents electronically through email or by uploading the documents via the "Send Files" tab. There are a number of convenient apps to scan your documents to a pdf file with your phone or tablet. One app we use that is very user friendly and available to iPhone and iPad users is Scannable.
5. If your tax return in currently in process, we will have it completed as soon as possible. When it is completed, we will handle the signing of the tax returns electronically as well as the delivery of the tax returns through secure emails. If a paper copy of the return is desired, we can make it available for pickup in the File Box or from the office when the pandemic is over.
We are well positioned to handle this pandemic because of the investments we have made in technology and because of our wonderful clients. We appreciate your flexibility, patience and support during this time. Although we will all be facing incredibly challenging times in the next few weeks or months, we are confident in the future and know that this too will pass.
Please be safe and take care of each other,
CUMMINGS & COMPANY PC